Find yourself in the tranquility of the Sahara with Morocco private guides. Uncover the abundant imprints left by ancient civilizations. Immerse yourself in the rich history, culture, and geography of Morocco. Breathe the fresh air of the oases, explore mystical Berber villages, and lose yourself in fascination with each casbah as you let the spectacular gorges and serene dunes become backdrops for your memories of Morocco. Morocco private guides combine the best of ancient yet flourishing Imperial cities with the magic of the desert and spectacular mountain vistas with idyllic beaches.
Your Morocco tour begins with welcome by your Morocco travel guide cum driver upon your arrival at Casablanca. After a brief tour of the highlights of Casablanca, travel by private car to Rabat, Morocco’s present-day capital and principal royal residence. Recuperate from your Morocco private guide tour amid the trees and flowers of the city’s tranquil gardens or its fabulous beaches. Continue on to Meknes, a former capital whose medina walls are adorned with exquisite gates considered among the best preserved in the Islamic world. Further into the countryside lays the holy city of Moulay Idriss, a scenic whitewashed town where the first Arab dynasty was founded in 787 AD. Just beyond is revealed the near-perfectly preserved ruins of Volubilis, a thriving Roman settlement until the 4th century. Then your Morocco private guide will take you to Fez, the intellectual and religious heart of the nation. Tour Fez el-Bali (“Fez the Old”) and its medieval medina (old town), a UNESCO world heritage site crammed with narrow, winding streets, tiny squares, and artisan workshops. Visit centuries-old mosques and universities, see the multi-colored vats of the open-air tanneries, and shop for traditional wares made from copper, ceramics, and leather. Also ask your Morocco private guide to let you visit Fez el-Djedid (“Fez the New”), built in the 13th century. Admire Fez’s Royal Palace and mellah (Jewish Quarter), the largest in Morocco.
Then head over the Middle Atlas Mountains, as you travel through fragrant, dense pine and cedar forests, terraced farms, and sienna mud-brick Berber villages. Perhaps feed wild Barbary Apes en route. Morocco private guide will offer you lunch in Midelt, a sleepy village bursting with colorful minerals and fossils on display by roadside vendors. As you head toward central Morocco, traveling past dramatic escarpments, plunging ravines and palm-filled gorges of Ziz Valley, you approach the oasis region of Erfoud, a desert outpost where hand-loomed Berber rugs are bargained for over mint tea. Nearby Merzouga is the point of departure for your Sahara Desert immersion. Explore the mystical landscape with Morocco private guides as you ride on camelback, led by a Bedouin guide robed in the flowing blue garb of the Tuareg people, through the stunning sands. As night falls, delight in a Moroccan feast cooked in the elements. Sleep in a nomad tent beneath the innumerable stars of the clear desert sky, or in a comfortable hotel in searing summer months. Awake with the sunrise to watch the colors of the desert change before your eyes. Continue your journey through the Dadès Valley and its Road of a Thousand Kasbahs that rise up like turreted sand castles along this ancient caravan-trading route. Ask your Morocco private guide to stop in the Todra Gorge to marvel at the natural force that carved this quiet Berber oasis and rock-climbing haven. Overnight in Ouarzazate, a thriving trading post and Morocco’s modern-day Hollywood. Next, traverse the breathtaking snow-capped peaks of the High Atlas Mountains, the largest mountain chain in Africa. Stop en route at the fortified village of Ait ben Haddou, a UNESCO world heritage site and the backdrop for famous films such as Lawrence of Arabia.
Arrive at Marrakech, an ancient oasis city of weathered pink buildings and orange groves. Morocco private guide will tour you the fascinating local souks (markets), stunning palaces, lush gardens, and historic monuments. Witness the carnivalesque public square Djemaa el-Fna come alive at sunset as water sellers, snake charmers, magicians, and storytellers compete for an audience. Morocco Travel agency will offer you to take an excursion to the seaside town of Essaouira, a former Portuguese settlement where windsurfers frolic near the fringe of silvery beach and camels ferry passengers across fine sand. Explore the old fortress ramparts, browse artisan shops, or dream on the beach. Back in Marrakesh; celebrate the conclusion of your Morocco private guides tour by dining at a centuries-old former palace.
Itinerary Overview of Morocco tours
Arrive Casablanca – Rabat
Rabat – Meknes – Moulay Idris – Volubilis – Fez
Fez – Middle Atlas – Erfoud
Erfoud – Merzouga
Merzouga – Todra Gorge – Ouarzazate
Ouarzazate – Ait ben Haddou – Marrakesh
|Day 9||Marrakesh – Essaouira – Marrakesh
Private excursion to Essaouira.
Accommodations on this private Morocco tour
- Rabat : Sofitel Diwan
- Fez : Riad Mabrouka or Riad Yacout
- Erfoud : Kasbah Xaluca
- Merzouga : Nomad tent
- Ouarzazate : Dar Kamar
- Marrakesh : Riad El Assafir or Riad Bahja
- Essaouira :Riad Mimouna or Villa Maroc
- The hotels and riads listed are an example; you will stay there or somewhere of similar quality.
$2150 per person based on 2 people on your party.
- -Morocco private guides can craft the trip based on your budget and pace. If you can imagine it, we can make it happen!
- – Single supplements available upon request.
- – Add $290 supplement for December departures.
The total price includes
- – Lodging at charming riads or hotels 4*
- – All transportation, including recent-model sedan or minivan with air conditioning, private English-speaking driver, and fuel
- – Government-certified Morocco private guides in major cities
- – Entrance fee to monuments and sightseeing
- – Camels and desert guide
- – Four wheel drive to Merzouga
- – Breakfast daily
- – Two dinners.
- – All applicable taxes
- – Sahara Soul Travel credit of 3% upon your return (can be used by any member of your family or friend)
Not included in price
- – Air fare
- – Travel insurance
- – Lunches and some dinners
- – Drinks
- – Personal needs expenditures
- – Gratuities
Features of this trip
- – Private guided travel with English-speaking driver (not a group tour)
- – This Morocco private trip be customized based on your interest and budget. Also, you can lengthen or shorten the trip.
- – Departs daily year-round on private basis
- – Designed for First Class (4* accommodation and services). Upgrade to Deluxe and Luxury (Elite) is available; also the trip can be altered to lower budget.
- – Group discounts available
- – 10-day trip begins in Casablanca and ends in Marrakesh
- – 8 nights first-class and best-available hotels or riads, 1 night expedition-style camping/nomad-style
- – Activities: cultural connections, UNESCO World Heritage sites, exploration, stunning Berber villages, camel trek, seaside towns, Atlas mountains, meet Nomads, Berbers, and Touaregs, souks and shopping, handicraft production, formal gardens, holy sites, Roman ruins, historical sites, sightseeing, hiking, walking, trekking, authentic local culture
- – Activity level: Easy to Challenging, depending on your preference.
- – A deposit of $500 per person is required to confirm reservations. Final payment is due 60 days prior to departure.
- – Prices quoted for land arrangements are subject to change without notice.
- – A recent-model sedan (1-2 people)
- – Luxury minivan or van (3+ people)
Book this Trip with Morocco private guides to request the complete itinerary for the above tour, or click here for Morocco customized trips to begin customizing your own itinerary.