Sacred Music Festival
Welcome to sacred music festival in Morocco! Internationally renowned artists from around the world flock to Morocco’s spiritual capital for the annual Fez Festival of World Sacred Music and perform a variety of styles, from Moroccan Sufi chants, Pakistani qawwali incantations, and Egyptian madhi odes, to flamenco-style Christian saeta, ancient Indian gwalior chants, and Turkish whirling dervishes. Over the course of the event, musicians from France to Rajasthan find common ground, with collaborative performances culminating the program and celebrate this festival of sacred music. Your sacred music festival tour is interspersed with excursions to surrounding areas to bring you a unique cultural experience. Each day, explore highlights of Morocco, while taking in the delights of the festivals in Morocco by night.
Your cultural journey of sacred music festival begins with welcome by your private driver upon your arrival at Casablanca. First visit of sacred music festival is highlights of Casablanca, including one of the world’s most splendid monuments, the Hassan II Mosque, a stunning state-of-the-art gem of religious architecture. Continue on to Rabat, Morocco’s present-day capital and principal royal residence. Your sacred music festival tour will the take you to Fez, the intellectual and religious heart of the nation, and fitting home of the annual Festival. Tour Fez el-Bali (“Fez the Old”) and its medieval medina (old town), a UNESCO world heritage site crammed with narrow, winding streets, tiny squares, and artisan workshops. Visit centuries-old mosques and universities, see the multi-colored vats of the open-air tanneries, and shop for traditional wares made from copper, ceramics, and leather. Also visit Fez el-Djedid (“Fez the New”), built in the 13th century. Admire Fez’s Royal Palace and mellah (Jewish Quarter), the largest in Morocco.
From your base in Fez, enjoy a number of private excursions in our Fes music festival tours. First, explore Meknes, a former capital whose medina walls are adorned with exquisite gates considered among the best preserved in the Islamic world. The surrounding countryside reveals the near-perfectly preserved ruins of Volubilis, a thriving Roman settlement until the 4th century. Just beyond Volubilis lies the holy city of Moulay Idriss, a scenic whitewashed town where the first Arab dynasty was founded in 787 AD. The therapeutic hot springs of the village of Moulay Yacob draw Moroccans and foreigners alike. Nestled in the Rif Mountains of northern Morocco, the delightfully picturesque town of Chefchaouen features a charming medina and inviting restaurants inviting restaurants serving delicious cuisine fusing Moroccan and Spanish flavors. You’ll wander entranced within the soft blue labyrinth created by the tinted whitewash of the town’s homes and streets in our tour of sacred music festival. Sefrou is a picturesque Berber town that once boasted one of Morocco’s largest Jewish communities. Complete your spiritual journey of sacred music festival through antiquity in Bhalil, an ancient Christian village.
Sacred music festival tour Itinerary Overview
Arrive Casablanca – Fez
Fez – Meknes – Moulay Idris – Volubilis – Fez
Fez – Moulay Yacob – Fez
Fez – Chefchaouen – Fez
|Day 7|| |
|Day 8|| Fez – Sefrou – Bhalil – Fez |
Private excursion by day; evening festival performance.
|Day 9|| Fez |
Day at leisure in Fez; evening festival performance.
Accommodations on this sacred music festival tour
- Fez : Riad Mabrouka or Riad Myra
- The hotels and riads listed are an example; you will stay there or somewhere of similar quality.
$1999 per person based on 2 people on your party.
- – We can craft the Fes sacred music trip based on your budget and pace. If you can imagine it, we can make it happen!
- – Single supplements available upon request.
The total price includes
- – Lodging at charming riads or hotels 4*
- – All transportation, including recent-model sedan or minivan with air conditioning, private English-speaking driver, and fuel
- – Government-certified tour guides in major cities
- – Breakfast daily
- – All applicable taxes
- – Sahara Soul Travel credit of 3% upon your return (can be used by any member of your family or friend)
Not included in price
- – Air fare
- – Travel insurance
- – Lunches and dinners
- – Drinks
- – Personal needs expenditures
- – Gratuities
Features of Fes sacred music festival trip
- – Private guided travel with English-speaking driver (not a group tour)
- – Itinerary can be customized based on your interest and budget. Also, you can lengthen or shorten the trip.
- – Departs daily year-round on private basis
- – Designed for First Class (4* accommodation and services). Upgrade to Deluxe and Luxury (Elite) is available; also the trip can be altered to lower budget.
- – Group discounts available
- – 10-day trip begins in Casablanca and ends in Casablanca
- – 9 nights first-class and best-available hotels or riads
- – Activities: cultural connections, UNESCO World Heritage sites, exploration, stunning Berber villages, Atlas mountains, meet Berbers, souks and shopping, handicraft production, formal gardens, holy sites, Roman ruins, historical sites, sightseeing, hiking, walking, authentic local culture
- – Activity level: Easy to Challenging, depending on your preference.
- – A deposit of $500 per person is required to confirm reservations. Final payment is due 60 days prior to departure.
- – Prices quoted for land arrangements are subject to change without notice.
- – A recent-model sedan (1-2 people)
- – Luxury minivan or van (3+ people)
Book this Trip with Morocco private guides to request the complete itinerary for the above tour, or click here for Morocco customized trips to begin customizing your own itinerary.