Morocco Jewish Tour
The history of the Jewish people in Morocco is one of respect and admiration. Since 1492 when three million European Muslims and Jews emigrated to Morocco from Spain, they have lived alongside Arabs and Berbers for centuries, while retaining their traditions, customs and culture. Morocco currently boasts 700,000 Jews of oroccan origin in Israel, and 30,000 still living in Morocco. This has created strong ties between Israel and Morocco, helping Morocco attain a unique place in Arab-Israeli relations as Israeli leaders have always been welcomed on official visits. It is of little surprise then that so many Jewish tourists want to relive their history with Morocco Jewish heritage tours. If you are coming to Morocco in search of Jewish heritage history, then you will not be disappointed with the Morocco Jewish heritage tours in Morocco, which come as a customized travel package to Morocco through several agencies specializing in Morocco travel, most especially Sahara Soul Travel.
When you go on a Jewish tour in Morocco as part of a private Morocco tour from Sahara Soul Travel, you will be embarking on a nine-day journey that will take you from large urban centres such as Casablanca and Fez, to quieter and holier locations like Moulay Idriss, which is a small whitewashed town that was the site of the first Arab dynasty in the area in 787 AD.
You will journey through the forests and Berber villages of the Middle Atlas Mountains as part of your Morocco Jewish Heritage Tour from an excellent Morocco travel agent like Sahara Soul Travel, as part of our Morocco Jewish heritage tours. You will see the ravines and gorges of the Ziz Valley, as well Erfoud, where hand-loomed Berber rugs are bargained over while drinking mint tea. Your private Morocco tour, billed as a Jewish heritage trip to Morocco, will take you into the Sahara Desert, where you will sleep in a nomad tent beneath more stars than you can count. Your Jewish tour in Morocco will then take you to the Dadès Valley, which was an ancient caravan trading route, to Ouarzazate, which is Morocco’s modern-day Hollywood. It does not stop there, and your customized travel to Morocco trip, with its Jewish heritage tour will take you through the tallest mountain chain in Africa, the High Atlas Mountains, onto the village of Ait ben Haddou, which is a UNESCO world heritage site and the location of such films as Lawrence of Arabia and The Last Temptation of Christ. Following this, you will journey into Marrakech for the end of your journey and a private Morocco tour of the city steeped in Jewish history. No Jewish tour in Morocco is complete without a trip to this fabled city. When you choose on to try some customized travel to Morocco through a Morocco travel agent like Sahara Soul Travel, you are going to delve into the Jewish history of the country through our specialized Morocco Jewish heritage tours.
Our Morocco Jewish heritage tours are a thing to behold and you will remember your nine-day Morocco Jewish heritage tour for the rest of your life as an experience that cannot be rivaled by anything else.
Arrive Casablanca – Rabat
Rabat – Meknes – Fez
Fez – Moulay Idris – Volubilis – Fez
Fez – Midelt – Erfoud – Merzouga
Merzouga – Todra Gorge – Ouarzazate
|Day 7|| |
Ouarzazate – Ait ben Haddou – High Atlas – Marrakesh
|Day 8||Marrakesh |
Full-day private escorted touring including mellah.
Accommodations on this Morocco Jewish heritage tour
- Rabat : Sofitel Diwan
- Fez : Riad Mabrouka or Riad Yacout
- Erfoud : Kasbah Xaluca
- Merzouga: Nomad tent
- Ouarzazate : Dar Kamar
- Marrakesh : Riad El Assafir or Riad Bahja
- The hotels and riads listed are an example; you will stay there or somewhere of similar quality.
$1990 per person based on 2 people on your party.
- – We can craft the trip based on your budget and pace. If you can imagine it, we can make it happen!
- – Single supplements available upon request.
- – Add $300 supplement for December departures.
The total price of Morocco Jewish tour includes
- – Lodging at charming riads or hotels 4*
- – All transportation, including recent-model sedan or minivan with air conditioning, private English-speaking driver, and fuel
- – Government-certified tour guides in major cities
- – Entrance fee to monuments and sightseeing
- – Camels and desert guide
- – Four wheel drive to Merzouga
- – Breakfast daily
- – Two dinners.
- – All applicable taxes
- – Sahara Soul Travel credit of 3% upon your return (can be used by any member of your family or friend)
Not included in price
- – Air fare
- – Travel insurance
- – Lunches and some dinners
- – Drinks
- – Personal needs expenditures
- – Gratuities
Features of Morocco jewish heritage tour
- – Private guided travel with English-speaking driver (not a group tour)
- – Itinerary can be customized based on your interest and budget. Also, you can lengthen or shorten the trip.
- – Departs daily year-round on private basis
- – Designed for First Class (4* accommodation and services). Upgrade to Deluxe and Luxury (Elite) is available; also the trip can be altered to lower budget.
- – Group discounts available
- – 9-day trip begins in Casablanca and ends in Marrakesh
- – 7 nights first-class and best-available hotels or riads, 1 night expedition-style camping/nomad-style
- – Activities: cultural connections, UNESCO World Heritage sites, exploration, stunning Berber villages, camel trek, Atlas mountains, meet Nomads, Berbers, and Touaregs, souks and shopping, handicraft production, formal gardens, holy sites, Roman ruins, historical sites, sightseeing, hiking, walking, trekking, authentic local culture
- – Activity level: Easy to Challenging, depending on your preference.
- – A deposit of $500 per person is required to confirm reservations. Final payment is due 60 days prior to departure.
- – Prices quoted for land arrangements are subject to change without notice.
- – A recent-model sedan (1-2 people)
- – Luxury minivan or van (3+ people)
Book this Trip with Morocco private guides to request the complete itinerary for the above tour, or click here for Morocco customized trips to begin customizing your own itinerary.