Morocco Imperial Cities
With Morocco imperial cities tour, delve into the deep history and vibrant culture of the Imperial Cities as you trace the paths left by ancient civilizations for your discovery. Morocco imperial cities tour takes you through thousand-year-old repositories for the passions that played a pivotal role in the Kingdom’s past. Your royal treatment begins with welcome by your private driver upon your arrival at Casablanca. After a brief tour of the highlights of Casablanca, travel by private car to Rabat, Morocco’s present-day capital and principal royal residence. Recuperate from your travels amid the trees and flowers of the city’s tranquil gardens or its fabulous beaches. Spend overnight of Morocco imperial cities tour in the shadow of the Royal Palace. In the morning, depart for Meknes, a former capital whose Medina walls are adorned with exquisite gates considered among the best preserved in the Islamic world.
Then Morocco imperial cities tour will move on to Fez, the intellectual and religious heart of the nation, for a few days of exploration. Tour Fez el-Bali (” Fez the Old”) and its medieval medina (old town), a UNESCO world heritage site crammed with narrow, winding streets, tiny squares, and artisan workshops. Visit centuries-old mosques and universities, see the multi-colored vats of the open-air tanneries, and shop for traditional wares made from copper, ceramics, and leather. In Morocco imperial tours, you will visit Fez el-Djedid (” Fez the New”), built in the 13th century. Admire Fez’s Royal Palace and mellah (Jewish Quarter), the largest in Morocco. During Morocco imperial cities tour, excursions to the countryside reveal the near-perfectly preserved ruins of Volubilis, a thriving Roman settlement until the 4th century. Just beyond Volubilis lies the holy city of Moulay Idriss, a scenic whitewashed town where the first Arab dynasty was founded in 787 AD.
Continue to Marrakesh, an ancient city of weathered pink buildings and orange groves at the base of the Atlas Mountains. With Morocco imperial cities tour, visit the fascinating local souks (markets), palaces, gardens, and monuments. See the Djemaa el-Fna, a carnivalesque public square where water sellers, snake charmers, magicians, and storytellers compete for an audience. Stroll through the Jardin Majorelle, stunning gardens created by French painter Jacques Majorelle in the 1920s and now maintained by Yves St. Laurent; the Palais de la Bahia; the Dar Si Said Museum of Moroccan Arts; the Palmerie and the beautiful Jardin Menara, with its reflecting pools surrounded by a large grove of olive trees. With Morocco imperial tours, browse the city’s most stylish shops and galleries, and dine in charming gardens and stunning former palaces. Take an excursion to the nearby Atlas Mountains to visit a local family for a unique perspective. Relax in a traditional hammam (steam bath).
Morocco imperial tours itinerary Overview
|Day 1||Arrive Casablanca – Rabat
Private escorted highlights of Casablanca. Transfer to Rabat for highlights and overnight.
|Day 2||Rabat – Meknes – Fez
Depart Rabat. Continue private touring, visiting Meknes before continuation on to Fez for three-night stay.
Full-day private touring.
|Day 4||Fez – Moulay Idris – Volubilis – Fez
Private excursion to Moulay Idris and Volubilis. Return to Fez for dinner and overnight.
|Day 5||Fez – Marrakesh
Drive to Marrakech for four-night stay, with private touring en route.
Full-day private touring.
Morning private touring. Afternoon at leisure.
|Day 8||Marrakesh and Atlas Mountains
Full-day private excursion to Atlas Mountains and Ourika Valley.
|Day 9||Depart Morocco
Private transfer to Marrakesh or Casablanca airport.
Accommodations on this Morocco imperial cities tour
Rabat : Sofitel Diwan
Fez : Riad Mabrouka or Riad Yacout
Marrakesh : Riad El Assafir or Riad Bahja
The hotels and riads listed are an example; you will stay there or somewhere of similar quality.
$1990 per person based on 2 people on your party.
- We can craft the trip based on your budget and pace. If you can imagine it, we can make it happen!
- Single supplements available upon request.
- Add $300 supplement for December departures.
The total price of Morocco imperial cities tour includes
- Lodging at charming riads or hotels 4*
- All transportation, including recent-model sedan or minivan with air conditioning, private English-speaking driver, and fuel
- Government-certified tour guides in major cities
- Entrance fee to monuments and sightseeing
- Breakfast daily
- Two dinners.
- All applicable taxes
- Sahara Soul Travel credit of 3% upon your return (can be used by any member of your family or friend)
Not included in price
- Air fare
- Travel insurance
- Lunches and some dinners
- Personal needs expenditures
Features of Morocco imperial cities tour
- Private guided travel with English-speaking driver (not a group tour)
- We can craft the Morocco imperial tours based on your interest and budget. Also, you can lengthen or shorten the trip.
- Departs daily year-round on private basis
- Designed for First Class (4* accommodation and services). Upgrade to Deluxe and Luxury (Elite) is available; also the trip can be altered to lower budget.
- Group discounts available
- 9-day trip begins in Casablanca and ends in Marrakesh
- 8 nights first-class and best-available hotels or riads
- Activities: cultural connections, UNESCO World Heritage sites, exploration, stunning Berber villages, seaside towns, Atlas mountains, meet Berbers and Touaregs, souks and shopping, handicraft production, formal gardens, holy sites, Roman ruins, historical sites, sightseeing, hiking, walking, trekking, authentic local culture
- – Activity level: Easy to Challenging, depending on your preference.
- – A deposit of $500 per person is required to confirm reservations for Morocco imperial tour. Final payment is due 60 days prior to departure.
- – Prices quoted for land arrangements are subject to change without notice.
- A recent-model sedan (1-2 people)
- Luxury minivan or van (3+ people)
Book this Trip with Morocco private guides to request the complete itinerary for the above tour, or click here for Morocco customized trips to begin customizing your own itinerary.