Morocco Desert Tour
Being a part of Africa, Morocco is known for mountains and deserts. In fact, it has a relatively famous desert on its eastern side called the Sahara Desert. Naturally, the largest desert on Earth entails a few curious adventurers who want to visit the desert and take part in an experience unlike anything else as part of Morocco desert tours.
When you take Morocco desert tours through a Morocco travel agency like Sahara Soul Travel, you are going to be treated to one of the best Moroccan customized tours money can buy. Our nine-day Morocco Desert Adventure will take you through the Moroccan Sahara Desert, as well as a camel trek in Merzouga.
There are very few places where you can take a camel trekking tour, but Morocco is one of them, all part of Sahara Soul Travel’s desert discovery tours.
With Sahara Soul Travel’s Morocco Desert Adventure, you are not just taking a Morocco desert tour, you are taking part in an experience that will stay with you for a lifetime. Where else on Earth can you walk through nomadic villages and over dunes in the Sahara Desert? Where else on Earth can you breathe fresh air from the oasis and explore mystical Berber villages while losing yourself in the unbelievable beauty that exists in Morocco?
Your Morocco desert tour will begin in Marrakech, where you will tour the city and its amazing culture, until you journey through the Atlas Mountains, with a quick stop over at Ait ben Haddou, Morocco’s largest casbah.
You will stay overnight in Ouarzazate, before journeying into the Draa Valley, Zagora and Erfoud. Once you hit Merzouga after a couple of days into your Morocco customized tour, you will be able to begin on your journey to discover the Morocco desert known as the Sahara. You will ride by camel, as part of the camel trekking tour part of the Morocco Desert Adventure tour from the company known for Morocco trekking tours; Sahara Soul Travel.
You will have dinner in the desert, before retiring for the night. The true pleasure of this customized Morocco tour is the sunrise you will see come over the Sahara Desert the next day. From there, you journey to Marrakech and on your way home to tell everyone about the amazing nine-day Morocco trekking tour you just took with Sahara Soul Travel, an excellent Morocco travel and tours provider.
You will relate your camel trek in Merzouga, the experience of visiting the Morocco Sahara Desert, as well as how you were a part of the Morocco Desert Adventure, which was truly a life experience to remember. Contact Sahara Soul Travel today to find out about our amazing Morocco desert discovery tours.
|Day 1||Arrive Marrakesh |
Private escorted highlights of Marrakesh.
|Day 2||Marrakesh – Ait ben Haddou– Ouarzazate |
Morning departure via private transport over Atlas Mountains. Afternoon in Ait ben Haddou. Overnight in Ouarzazate.
|Day 3||Ouarzazate – Zagora |
Morning private escorted tour of Ouarzazate. Afternoon departure for Zagora and overnight.
|Day 4||Zagora – Alnif – Erfoud |
Private transport to Erfoud. Visit Alnif and Berber villages enroute.
|Day 5||Erfoud – Merzouga |
Morning private tour of Rissani and the ruins of Sijilmassa. Afternoon private transport to Merzouga. Private camel caravan to dunes. Overnight in nomad tent.
|Day 6||Merzouga – Todra Gorge – Ouarzazate |
Private transfer through Dadès Valley to Ouarzazate. Visit Todra Gorge enroute.
|Day 7||Ouarzazate – Marrakesh |
Private transport over Atlas Mountains via Tizi n’Tichka. Arrive Marrakesh for two nights.
|Day 8||Marrakesh |
Full-day private touring.
|Day 9||Depart Morocco |
Private transfer to Marrakesh airport.
Accommodations on this Morocco desert tour
- Zagora : Kasbah Asmaa
- Erfoud : Kasbah Xaluca
- Merzouga : Nomad tent
- Ouarzazate : Dar Kamar
- Marrakesh : Riad El Assafir or Riad Bahja
- The hotels and riads listed are an example; you will stay there or somewhere of similar quality.
$1990 per person based on 2 people on your party.
- – We can craft the trip based on your budget and pace. If you can imagine it, we can make it happen!
- – Single supplements available upon request.
- – Add $300 supplement for December departures.
The total price of Morocco desert tour includes
- – Lodging at charming riads or hotels (4* and camping/nomad-style )
- – All transportation, including recent-model sedan or minivan with air conditioning, private English-speaking driver, and fuel
- – Government-certified tour guides in major cities
- – Entrance fee to monuments and sightseeing
- – Camels and desert guide
- – Four wheel drive to Merzouga
- – Breakfast daily
- – Tree dinners.
- – All applicable taxes
- – Sahara Soul Travel credit of 3% upon your return (can be used by any member of your family or friend)
Not included in price
- – Air fare
- – Travel insurance
- – Lunches and some dinners
- – Drinks
- – Personal needs expenditures
- – Gratuities
Features of Morocco desert tour
- – Private guided travel with English-speaking driver (not a group tour)
- – Itinerary can be customized based on your interest and budget. Also, you can lengthen or shorten the trip.
- – Departs daily year-round on private basis
- – Designed for First Class (4* accommodation and services). Upgrade to Deluxe and Luxury (Elite) is available; also the trip can be altered to lower budget.
- – Group discounts available
- – 9-day trip begins in Marrakesh and ends in Marrakesh
- – 7 nights first-class and best-available hotels or riads, 1 night expedition-style camping/nomad-style
- – Activities: cultural connections, UNESCO World Heritage sites, exploration, stunning Berber villages, camel trek, seaside towns, Atlas mountains, meet Nomads, Berbers, and Touaregs, souks and shopping, handicraft production, formal gardens, holy sites, historical sites, sightseeing, hiking, walking, trekking, authentic local culture
- – Activity level: Easy to Challenging, depending on your preference.
- – A deposit of $500 per person is required to confirm reservations. Final payment is due 60 days prior to departure.
- – Prices quoted for land arrangements are subject to change without notice.
- – A recent-model sedan (1-2 people)
- – Luxury minivan or van (3+ people)
Book this Trip with Morocco private guides to request the complete itinerary for the above tour, or click here for Morocco customized trips to begin customizing your own itinerary.