Over the years, Marrakesh has been one of the most preferred destinations in Morocco Tours. Modern Marrakesh represents a reverberating collision of Africa and Europe, west and east, bohemia and high culture, Arab cities and Berber villages. Framed by the snow-capped Atlas Mountains, thousand-year-old palm groves, and wrapped in faded red, ochre walls, Marrakech casts a magic spell. One’s senses are stimulated by the brilliantly colored spices, entrancing music, rich folds of carpets, delectable cuisine, whirling dervishes, intertwining tile geometries, and perfumed gardens shimmering in still waters of reflecting pools. Morocco tours combine the sensuous delights of Morocco’s most exhilarating Imperial city with spectacular mountain vistas and idyllic beaches, making for a most enchanting visit.
Your magical Morocco tour begins with welcome by your private driver upon your arrival at Marrakech, an ancient oasis of weathered pink buildings and orange groves at the base of the snow-capped Atlas Mountains. Morocco tours offer you to settle into your accommodation at an historic riad, beautifully restored small private palaces combining traditional Moroccan artisanship and elaborate Moorish design, or into one of the city’s famous luxury hotels. Spend the afternoon with a private guide of Morocco tours as you explore fascinating local souks (markets), ancient palaces, and lush gardens. Capture the city’s historic sites, including the mellah (Jewish Quarter), the Palais de la Bahia, the Dar Si Said Museum of Moroccan Arts, and the beautiful Jardin Menara, with its reflecting pools surrounded by a large grove of olive trees. Witness the legendary Djemaa el-Fna square come alive at sunset as water sellers, snake charmers, magicians, and storytellers compete for an audience with Morocco tours. Radiating from the Djemma el-Fna are narrow lanes providing entrée to the labyrinthine medina, which hides sultans’ palaces, ornate mansions, and a lively souk. The maze of alleyways leads to tiny shops flaunting Berber carpets, kilims and caftans, leather goods, silver jewelry, copperware, other handicrafts, stylish dresses, medicinal herbs, and gorgeous antiques.
When you need a reprieve from sightseeing and shopping, Morocco tours will let you stroll through the Jardin Majorelle, stunning gardens created by French painter Jacques Majorelle in the 1920s and now maintained by Yves St. Laurent. You also might rejuvenate in a traditional hammam (steam bath), learn the art of Moroccan cuisine in a cooking lesson, take in world-class golf, or enjoy a private henna session as skilled artists adorn your body with the ancient (and temporary) dye. There are tons of things you can do in our Morocco tours.
Marrakech’s position at the crossroads of ancient caravan routes also makes it an ideal base for excursions. Spend a day in the Ourika Valley in the nearby Atlas Mountains as a guest of a local Berber family for a unique perspective on the traditional way of life as a part of Morocco tours. Moreover, in our carefully designed Morocco tour unwind for a day in the seaside town of Essaouira, a former Portuguese settlement where windsurfers frolic near the fringe of silvery beach and camels ferry passengers across fine sand. Explore the old fortress ramparts, browse artisan shops, or dream on the beach. Back in Marrakech; celebrate the conclusion of your journey by dining at one of the city’s centuries-old former palaces in Morocco tours.
Morocco tour itinerary Overview
Accommodations on this Morocco tour
- Marrakesh: Riad El Assafir or Riad Bahja
- The hotels and riads listed are an example; you will stay there or somewhere of similar quality.
$1590 per person based on 2 people on your party.
- – We can craft the trip based on your budget and pace. If you can imagine it, we can make it happen!
- – Single supplements available upon request.
- – Add $300 supplement for December departures.
The total price of Morocco tours includes
- – Lodging at charming riads or hotels 4*
- – All transportation, including recent-model sedan or minivan with air conditioning, private English-speaking driver, and fuel
- – Government-certified tour guides in major cities
- – Entrance fee to monuments and sightseeing
- – Breakfast daily
- – One dinner.
- – All applicable taxes
- – Sahara Soul Travel credit of 3% upon your return (can be used by any member of your family or friend)
Not included in price
- – Air fare
- – Travel insurance
- – Lunches and some dinners
- – Drinks
- – Personal needs expenditures
- – Gratuities
Features of this trip
- – Private guided travel with English-speaking driver (not a group tour)
- – Morocco tour itinerary can be customized based on your interest and budget. Also, you can lengthen or shorten the trip.
- – Departs daily year-round on private basis
- – Designed for First Class (4* accommodation and services). Upgrade to Deluxe and Luxury (Elite) is available; also the trip can be altered to lower budget.
- – Group discounts available
- – 6-day trip begins in Casablanca and ends in Marrakesh
- – 5 nights first-class and best-available hotels or riads
- – Activities: cultural connections, UNESCO World Heritage sites, exploration, stunning Berber villages, seaside towns, Atlas mountains, meet Nomads and Berbers, souks and shopping, handicraft production, formal gardens, historical sites, sightseeing, hiking, walking, trekking, authentic local culture
- – Activity level: Easy to Challenging, depending on your preference.
- – A deposit of $500 per person is required to confirm reservations for your Morocco tour. Final payment is due 60 days prior to departure.
- – Prices quoted for land arrangements are subject to change without notice.
- – A recent-model sedan (1-2 people)
- – Luxury minivan or van (3+ people)
Book this Trip with Morocco private guides to request the complete itinerary for the above tour, or click here for Morocco customized trips to begin customizing your own itinerary.